pondelok 22. apríla 2019

APRIL

Very busy month in my penjing heaven and though I think I shared everything on facebook, this blog was neglected bigtime. So here are few pics of what was going on.

All the trees are out on their spots



I got me an advert for my eshop on my car, built the new stand for the new birch  penjing




Made my wife to pose with newly collected beech


Went to my favourite place


and collected few pines including this giant with shallow rootball from my favourite place



Wired primary branches of this big chinese elm


Moved my triple trunk pine onto a slab after 3 years in a plastic crate (no more planting into crates for me - original rootball was too dense and water wasn´t able to penetrate it, so the substrate at the bottom and sides of the crate was nearly dry, as sun dried it easily from all sides)


And here are some pics of the new growth, some flowers etc...






Newly collected blacthorn without any roots rooted easily in a black bag


First flowers appeared on this blackthorn collected 2 years ago



Flowers on a berberis penjing




Hawthorn carved by Harry last autumn growing like weed





It seems that this acer palmatum dissectum collected recently from a friend´s garden didn´t even notice the collection and is growing strongly


And new big pine collected few days ago again with myself and Rea for size reference :)










4 komentáre:

  1. Thank you, Mimo.
    I have found myself grinning happily while looking on the pics.

    I wonder:
    what was the dialogue behind the scene? - see pic # 4

    I need badly:
    Cork bark elm NIRE KEYAKI

    I doubt:
    this is the thing you believe... see pic #14

    I am sure:
    this is definitely NOT the thing you believe. Rather P. cerasifera or more probably P. domestica

    I love:
    the name REA


    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  2. Hi Vlad, nice to hear from you again :)

    The laugh on my wife´s face come from me pointing out that a pose she had on a previous pics with that stump in between her legs look rather weird :D

    I am not sure on a variety of that elm but I will happily make an airlayer when I find unnecessary branch and present it to you :)

    That blackthorn on pic 14 really had no roots and now I am sorry I didn´t take a picture of it when I was putting it in that little pot in zeolite just because I didn´t want to throw it out and really believe in the power of black bags :) Most of my collected blackthorns have nearly no roots as the conditions around here are rather dry for them and they have roots far far away from the trunks, and even experienced enthusiasts around here have no blackthorns, as they consider them hard to collect and keep alive. But they haven´t heard of sweating technique until I told them, and they doubted it right away. Only now one of them is going to give it a try after he saw my successes with it. Look at the plant and the size of that pot. Do you think it could have had any roots that fitted in? :)

    As to what you are sure of you probably refer to another blackthorn with first flowers. I wouldn´t fight for the correct name of it as I am no botanist, but it grew among many other blackthorns and there were 3 trunks visible coming from the ground. Looking like regular prunus spinosa. Only after I dug it out and removed 2 levels of roots I got that thick trunk that was originally just part of the rootball :)

    P.S. - I think Bea and Rea are pretty cool names for my twins too :)

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
    Odpovede
    1. Pic #4 - I was thinking about something similar. I feel a bit sorry about it but I cannot help... Give my best regards to your wife. I hope she doesn't mind.

      I have collected two blackthorns this spring. The bigger has taken nearly two ours to get a reasonable amount of root. The smaller one - was not able to get more roots - after spending some time in the bag it looks promising so far. I hope it will make it.

      Bea and Rea - I love that. Emma is not bad either...

      Odstrániť
    2. Where could I see your 2 new collected blackthorns??? :)

      Odstrániť

penjing

penjing