pondelok 1. júna 2020

Yamadori birch

Top of the trunk died off after collection on this yamadori pine from last year and only one bud appeared in the middle of it.
It grew strong for the first season and it started off very well this spring too.
That´s why I decided to give this tree an initial styling.
I am getting obvious responses on social media sites as - it need more taper, etc.. :)
I know.
But I see this tree in miniature as it could be in nature very well pictured too - dead trunk, young branch forming a new crown.
Yes, it needs taper. But tell it to this young branch. It wants to grow and it will, eventually thickening up a new trunk leader.
I might keep some sacrifice branch to help it with it.
Or I might not and will enjoy it as it is - just a young branch forming a new crown on a trunk, that was once massive and it still need some catching up to do.


Video of the process here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchAXhVmAIk







2 komentáre:

  1. Beeing brutally honest: you do not need a better taper, you just need a new and better tree. Even worse: You know it better than me.

    And just because its you - you will try whatever you know to keep it going. And that is exactly one of your traits that I do like.
    Good luck.

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť
  2. Thanx mate :)
    Allright I will sell this tree and try to find nicer one :D

    OdpovedaťOdstrániť

penjing

penjing